Wallop Defence System, part of Esterline Defense Technologies

Proven protection for an uncertain world

From the deployment of the earliest MTV flares on the Vulcan strategic bomber in 1963, to the development of the first dual spectral flares for aircraft and the layered defence capabilities of the SuperBarricade Navel Decoy System, Wallop Defence Systems has an unrivalled pedigree of ground-breaking advances in both airborne and naval systems.

As part of Esterline Defense Technologies, Wallop is a world leading manufacturer of advanced dual-band Spectral Flares and traditional MTV infrared countermeasures. They have invested heavily in research and development and are at the forefront of design and manufacture of pyrotechnic countermeasures to combat the threat posed by air-to-air and ground-to-air IR & RF guided missiles.

High performance solutions from a single source

Wallop’s countermeasures are qualified for use by the UK MoD and have been proven in combat conditions by NATO members and many other sovereign forces, all across the globe.

In addition to offering a comprehensive range of ‘off the shelf’ systems and consumables, their products can also be tailored to particular operational needs and to provide comprehensive protection a wide variety of platforms including FSU aircraft through direct fit and form replacements for Soviet Union equipment.

Verifiable Reliability

All Wallop’s products undergo rigorous analysis and trials in their purpose built environmental testing facilities to establish and validate their dependability and performance for all theatres of operation.

Carefully controlled MTV flare production for optimum whole life performance

At the heart of a high performance product is a carefully controlled production process. Wallop is the only manufacturer to deliberately limit MTV production batch mixes to a maximum of 6kg, thereby ensuring rigid standards of consistency that in turn provide the highest levels of reliability and performance throughout the whole life of the product.

Assured Production

As holders of ISO 9001 quality and ISO 14001 environmental assurance certifications, Wallop constantly reviews and refines their processes to provide the most efficient and sustainable production of countermeasures. In addition, their investment in the latest facilities and manufacturing technologies ensures the fastest possible turnaround of orders and continuity of supply for their customers.

Part of the Esterline Group

The Esterline Defense Technologies Group is part of the Esterline Corporation. Esterline is a specialized manufacturing company serving principally aerospace and defence markets. Approximately 80% of total revenues are generated from aerospace/defence markets. The remaining 20% is from the application of these technologies in adjacent markets. Esterline management views the company’s businesses in three segments related to its set of core competencies: Avionics & Controls, Sensors & Systems, and Advanced Materials.

Operations within the Avionics & Controls segment focus on technology interface systems for commercial and military aircraft and similar devices for land- and sea-based military vehicles, secure communications systems, high-performance digital receivers, specialized medical equipment, and other high-end industrial applications. The Sensors & Systems segment includes operations that produce high-precision temperature and pressure sensors, fluid and motion control components, power distribution systems, harsh-environment interconnect solutions, and other related systems principally for aerospace and defense customers. Advanced Materials focuses on process-related technologies including high-performance elastomer products used for a wide range of military and commercial aerospace purposes, state-of-the-art insulation materials, and combustible ordnance and electronic warfare countermeasure products.

Esterline’s business focus is to help their customers achieve greater productivity, higher precision, and better overall performance. More simply put: Esterline helps its customers compete with maximum effectiveness.

Wallop Defence Systems Ltd
Craydown Lane
Nr Stockbridge
SO20 8DX
United Kingdom

Tel: 44 (0) 1264 781456
Fax: 44 (0) 1264 782084
Email: enquiries@wallopdefence.com

This website and its content is copyright of Global Business Media Limited © Global Business Media 2009. All rights reserved